Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

     Thanksgiving is officially here, and therefore so is the start of this years' Christmas Season!  It really is my favorite time of year!  Thanksgiving and Christmas seem like completely separate holidays, but are they really?  Sure the origination of them have completely different roots.  But is it just a coincidence in time that the holiday we spend being grateful for all of our blessings comes just before the holiday where we celebrate the biggest blessing we've all ever been given?  I don't think it is.  Every year at our family's Thanksgiving dinner we all go around taking turns saying what we are thankful for this year.  I love this tradition, especially when the year has been an especially difficult one.  It's nice to remind ourselves that despite what life throws at us we really do have a lot to be thankful for.  So to start off this Thanksgiving Day and holiday season here is my list....

I am thankful.......
  • For my husband, my children, and all of my crazy disfunctional family.
  • For my wonderful friends
  • That my parents taught me about God, without Him I surely would have been committed by now.
  • That my husband and I both have work, and a home and means to take care of our family.
  • That I have a job I love, that I truly enjoying doing, even if it is only part time and seasonal.
  • Despite all of the health concerns for several people, and accidents, all of our family is still here with us to celebrate another Thanksgiving.
  • That I have been blessed with 3 strong and healthy children.
  • That my husband and I were finally able to have our marriage validated after 5 years. 
  • That the Church placed some rediculous requirements to achieve that goal.  God must have known that I would only do it if forced to and that I was really going to need that this year.
  • That my dad is still with us.
  • That my friends in Michigan weren't physically harmed by that crazy shooter!
  • That I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay home with the twins while they are little.  I wish I could have had that with my daughter.
  • That what started out as an excuse to get out of the house, Lia Sophia, has given me some absolutely amazing friendships with some of the most beautiful women.
     This list certainly isn't exhaustive, but it's a start!  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment