Thursday, January 5, 2012

Weekly Calendar Wall Art

     Happy New Year!  Here we are starting 2012 and making all sorts of resolutions; to be healthier, to declutter, and to be more organized to name a few.  So for me I've started with a cute new weekly dry-erase calendar for my wall!  I wish I could take credit for this awesome idea, but I can't.  I found this adorable project on Pinterest.  My new favorite place to visit.  In fact it's more like an addiction.

     I use my phone and a yearly day planner to keep track of my calendar for the most part, but this idea is really great to give my husband a heads up for what is going on during the week.  Plus I love that I can customize it however to match the decor in my house.  Here is the original from Pinterest.

Original pin on Pinterest. Click on pic to go to that page.

    
     Mine is not much different from this one, aside from the papers and the hanging method.  The original creator of this decorative calendar simply purchased the above frame from Wal-Mart, inserted scrapbook paper, and bought some dry erase markers.  Super easy!!


     Well, of course the frame was no longer available when I found this, neither in store or online, so I made one myself.  And you can too!  It was super easy, and cheap too! 

Supplies:
  • 8 - 5x7 picture frames of your choice (choose ones that have plenty of surface for adhesive)
  • 8 pages of scrapbook paper of your choice
  • Krazy Glue (super glue)
  • Dry Erase Markers
  • Ribbon
     Now there may be better glues for this project, but I didn't want to go out and buy any.  I wanted something stronger then craft glue.  Elmer's Glue-All did not work, and super glue was the other choice I already had at home.  Arrange your frames and glue them together.  You can attach them at the sides of each frame, or you can stack frames on top of each other for a more dimensional look.  I chose the latter.

*Note: Frame your scrapbook paper first if you choose the stacked look.  Depending on the style of your frames you may not be able to open the backs of the frames after you glue them together.

     After your glue has dried and your scrapbook paper is in the frames then you are ready to hang up your creation.  To make hanging easier I tied ribbon to the nail hangers on the backs of the top 2 frames.  Only 1 centered nail needed and super easy to level.  I stuck an artificial flower on the head of my nail to disguise the nail.  Now you can write your weekly agendas on the glass with dry erase markers.  If you didn't want a calendar, you could use your new frame to write out your house rules for kids, or even make an adorable chore/rewards chart out of it.
Zoomed view of my finished calendar.
My kitchen "office"
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment